- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Full Time
What drives you?
Interested in working at a digital health scale-up and want to transform healthcare? Are you a generalist at heart and don’t want to be siloed? Want to get in early and learn what it takes to build the foundations of a scaling finance operation? When faced with chaos, can you overcome it and get inspired to drive process improvement and automate manual workflows? Hungry to learn how finance links with all business functions and become a trusted finance partner? If your answer is YES to all of this, then you probably have the necessary curiosity and drive to be resilient in this exciting and challenging role.
What to expect
Acting as the right hand to the CFO, you will play a key role in building and driving our financial operations. You will:
- spearhead finance initiatives across the company, with continuous improvement and automation at the heart of everything we do
- establish processes to deliver timely and accurate financial reporting
- map-out and build integrations between our finance and business/operational systems, with the support of our business operations analyst
- develop and implement company-wide financial policies as we scale
- support planning and budgeting activities
We are rapidly growing, so we’re looking for candidates exhilarated by the challenges of a scaling business, and the opportunities for advancement and experience that come with it.
Finance Operations, Accounting & Review
- Plan, direct and coordinate all accounting operational functions including financial control & compliance, bookkeeping, month-end accounting/close, reconciliations and year-end activities
- Manage invoicing, accounts receivables, accounts payables, expense reimbursements, payroll, incentive program for sales teams and HST/GST/sales tax remittances
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure timely financial month close
Financial Reporting, Performance Measurement & Insights
- Build, enhance and generate timely monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc financial reports/statements for management and external stakeholders
- Establish, review, and control budgets across all teams by tracking budget spend by function and reporting actuals and variances back to budget holders
- Collaborate with business partners in setting up financial KPIs and assist in monitoring, analyzing and presenting financial KPI reports regularly
Business Support & Process Optimization
- Lead special projects for Finance (such as implementation of new financial systems/integrations, process mapping and optimization)
- Provide business/financial analytic decision support on revenue initiatives & new products/pricing to ensure net positive value to Verto
- Prepare ad-hoc financial analysis to support senior management decisions and assist with proposals, budget creation, and business cases
Budgeting, Forecasting & Financial Modeling
- Support CFO in maintaining the financial model and annual budget / quarterly forecast processes through collaborating with key business partners
- Update financial model with up-to-date financial results, revised rolling forecasts and variance analysis
- Establish close working relationships with business partners to support decision making and budgetary reviews
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Business Administration within Accounting, Finance, or a related field of study
- CPA Professional designation or other relevant certification preferred
- Minimum 2 years of accounting and financial reporting experience
- 1 year of experience supporting planning and budgeting activities preferred
- Experience in preparing, analyzing, and implementing accounting and reporting requirements
- Experience implementing finance and accounting processes & systems preferred
- Must have advanced excel skills, financial modeling and budget templating experience preferred
- Superior verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Ability to work closely with business partners and demonstrate value and results delivery through those relationships
- Ability to interact, challenge and communicate effectively with team members at all levels within the organization
- Excellent computer, technological and systems skills, including high proficiency in Quickbooks (or other accounting and operational systems)
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office and G-Suite (advanced level skill in Excel and Google Sheets)
- Consistently operate at the highest level of integrity and is never willing to compromise with regards to ethical standards
- Ability to conduct qualitative and quantitative research
- Meticulous attention to detail with superb organizational and recordkeeping abilities
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced/dynamic/changing environment
What's in it for you
- Comprehensive Healthcare (including prescriptions, vision, and paramedical), dental, and pooled benefits (Life, AD&D, critical illness, and LTD)
- 3 weeks vacation for EVERYONE Full-Time at Verto!
- Parental Leave Top-Up Options
- 5 Paid Personal Days
- Unlimited Sick Days
- 9 Statutory Holidays
- Professional Development: $2,000/ fiscal year for professional development (tuition, courses, conferences, etc.)
- Work from home budget
- OneEleven office space at a well-known tech incubator in Downtown Toronto.
- Office Perks: free coffee or tea, access to full kitchen, wellness room, games room, podcast
Let's get to know each other
Verto has a virtual first mindset, and we’re working towards a future that is digital by design. We offer a coworking space that is meant to allow you to be the best version of yourself.
We have 9:30 am daily Stand-Ups to unblock and update, daily Operation team meetings to collaborate and align, bi-weekly 1 on 1’s with your People Leader to goal set, and monthly Townhalls to celebrate and teach. We have dedicated time for company-wide socials (including team board game nights, beach days, soccer-baseball, and e-sports gaming to name a few).
Our passion for innovation fuels our desire to build software that tackles healthcare’s major inefficiencies including chronic care management, virtualized care, and personal patient engagements. But you don’t have to take our word for it - check out the “Knowledge Center” on our website, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Twitter. We are an OPEN book, read away and ask us questions!
Do you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for and are looking to make a difference? Grab a link to your LinkedIn profile and then send us your resume here!